You will find that Perry is a fantastic community in which to live and conduct business. For further assistance and information, please do not hesitate to contact Ashley Hardin, Economic Development Administrator, at (478) 988-2755 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ashley Hardin, CEcD
Economic Development Administrator
Top 10 Reasons to do Business in Perry
1. Advantageous Location
- Premier access to I-75 with four interchanges – 54,000 vehicles PER DAY travel through Perry on Interstate 75!
- Major exposition facility, the Georgia National Fairgrounds & Agricenter, brings almost 1 million people per year to Perry.
- Perry-Houston County Airport is a full-service, general aviation airport complete with a 5,002-foot runway.
- Approximately 90 miles to Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport and 160 miles to the port of Savannah.
2. Market Access
- Significant local, visitor and traveling consumer bases.
3. Market Potential
- Favorable Market Potential Index measures for many hospitality and service industry and retail categories.
4. Low Operating Costs
- Cost of living is 6% lower than Georgia average and 10% lower than national average.
- Competitive average lease rates, land costs, construction costs and labor costs.
5. Low Sales Tax Rate
- Favorable sales tax structure is 21% lower than the national average.
6. Superior Infrastructure
- Water, sewer, natural gas and broadband internet all readily available.
- Robust pedestrian and vehicular improvements city-wide.
7. High Quality of Life
- Perry is continuously lauded for quality of life measures such as safety, healthcare and education.
- The city is committed to quality public spaces with 125 acres of parks and trails.
8. High Growth Community
- Perry is growing faster than Houston County, Middle Georgia, Georgia and the U.S.
- Progressive, development-oriented city leadership
9. Stable, Diverse Economy
- Continuous economic growth and numerous significant employers in the area, including Interfor, Frito-Lay and Graphic Packaging International, Inc.
- Active and growing, the Perry Area Chamber of Commerce has more than 350 active members.
- Perry is located 20 miles from Robins Air Force Base, the largest single-site employer in the State of Georgia with over 22,000 employees and a $2.7 billion total annual economic impact.
10. Historical Downtown
- Attractive, vibrant, historic Downtown Perry offers unique shopping, dining, and entertainment experiences