Where Georgia Comes Together
Download our “Why do business in Perry?” brochure to see the top 10 reasons to do business in Perry, full location specs and benefits, the Perry Market, Business success, quality of life, incentives and more!
Top 10 Reasons to do Business in Perry
1. Advantageous Location
- Premier access to I-75 with four interchanges – 54,000 vehicles PER DAY travel through Perry on Interstate 75!
- Major exposition facility, the Georgia National Fairgrounds & Agricenter, brings almost 1 million people per year to Perry.
- Perry-Houston County Airport is a full-service, general aviation airport complete with a 5,002-foot runway.
- Approximately 90 miles to Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport and 160 miles to the port of Savannah.
2. Market Access
- Significant local, visitor and traveling consumer bases.
3. Market Potential
- Favorable Market Potential Index measures for many hospitality and service industry and retail categories.
4. Low Operating Costs
- Cost of living is 6% lower than Georgia average and 10% lower than national average.
- Competitive average lease rates, land costs, construction costs and labor costs.
5. Low Sales Tax Rate
- Favorable sales tax structure is 21% lower than the national average.
6. Superior Infrastructure
- Water, sewer, natural gas and broadband internet all readily available.
- Robust pedestrian and vehicular improvements city-wide.
7. High Quality of Life
- Perry is continuously lauded for quality of life measures such as safety, healthcare and education.
- The city is committed to quality public spaces with 125 acres of parks and trails.
8. High Growth Community
- Perry is growing faster than Houston County, Middle Georgia, Georgia and the U.S.
- Progressive, development-oriented city leadership
9. Stable, Diverse Economy
- Continuous economic growth and numerous significant employers in the area, including Interfor, Frito-Lay and Graphic Packaging International, Inc.
- Active and growing, the Perry Area Chamber of Commerce has more than 350 active members.
- Perry is located 20 miles from Robins Air Force Base, the largest single-site employer in the State of Georgia with over 22,000 employees and a $2.7 billion total annual economic impact.
10. Historical Downtown
- Attractive, vibrant, historic Downtown Perry offers unique shopping, dining, and entertainment experiences.