Thanks for your interest in Perry University! This is an exciting opportunity for Perry residents and business owners to learn more about local government and how to be active and engaged community members.
We take government seriously but also like to have fun! This program is filled with interactive sessions that will leave you feeling energized and informed about your local government.
Applications for the Class of 2023 accepted on February 1, 2023.
- City of Perry resident or have a substantial business interest in Perry
- 18 years old or older
- Class size is limited to 25 participants
- Must complete an application and waiver
- Only one absence is allowed in the program’s duration
- Classes will occur each Thursday from 6:00 pm. – 8:00 p.m. at various locations throughout the city
- Dinner is provided each class
- City Leadership & Government
- Economic & Community Development
- Quality of Life
- Essential City Services
- Public Safety
2023 Class Dates:
- February 23, 2023
- March 2, 2023
- March 9, 2023
- March 16, 2023
- March 23, 2023
Graduation is Tuesday, March 28 at the Perry Council Meeting beginning at 6:00 p.m.