2024 Court Calendar

RedSpeed School Zones

Public Parking Map


Payments can be made in person at the clerk's office located at 808 Carroll Street, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (excluding days of Court).

​Please be aware that the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Wednesday of each month, the Clerk’s Office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

We accept, cash, cashier's check, money orders, and credit card payments. We DO NOT accept personal checks. Please note that there is a 4% service fee to cover cost of secure and convenient payment service accepting all major debit and credit cards in person, online, and by phone.

Many of your questions may be addressed either in the Q&A section of our website. If you have questions concerning point violations and/or license suspensions, please visit the Department of Driver Services or call their offices at 678-413-8400.

  • Can I get a jury trial?
    • Yes. Certain offenses are eligible for a jury trial. The judge will reset your case to be heard in the State Court of Houston County upon request prior to hearing your case.
  • What if I forgot my court date and did not appear?
    • Contact the Clerk of Court immediately at (478) 988-2814. Do not ignore your citation. It will not go away. In fact, it only gets worse. If you have not paid your fine or appeared in court, the judge may issue a bench warrant for your arrest. In addition, the Clerk of Court may suspend your driver license through the Georgia Department of Driver Services.
  • Can I change my court date?
    • You are allowed one continuance by the court office for your arraignment date. This continuance will go to the officers' next arraignment date. A request must be made 48 hours prior to your court date.
  • I don’t have the money to pay my ticket by my court date. What do I do?
    • You must appear on your court date and address this issue with the Judge. Failure to appear may result in a warrant being issued for your arrest or the Judge may issue a suspension of your license through the Department of Driving Services.
  • Do I need a lawyer?
    • You are not required to have a lawyer for a municipal court matter. The decision is yours. It is important to understand that court staff is interested in answering all procedural questions you may have about how the court will handle your case. However they cannot offer legal advice or make recommendations to you about your case or recommend a lawyer.
  • What options do I have regarding my ticket?
    • You may pay the fine prior to your court date for any charge NOT listed as a mandatory appearance. If you choose not to appear in court, payment must be received by 4:00 p.m. on your court date otherwise you are expected to be in court. If you choose to plead Nolo or Not Guilty, you will have to come to court on your scheduled court date. A Not Guilty plea will be reset for a court trial.
  • Will a NOLO affect my insurance?
    • We do not report any violation to your insurance company. Your insurance company has the right to review your driving record and can see that you were issued a citation. The Nolo plea does not keep the citation off your record. It is up to your insurance company as to how any plea affects your policy.
  • How do I request a Court appointed attorney?
    • On your first appearance in court when your name is called for a plea, you may ask the judge for a court appointed attorney. The Judge will provide you with the contact information of the public defender and set your case for a future trial date. Once you contact the public defender, he will provide you with an application. The application will be submitted to the municipal court for the judge to review. The judge will then look at your application to make sure you qualify. If you do, you will be granted a public defender at no cost to you.
  • How do I clear a driver's license suspension for failure to appear in court?
    • You will first have to pay your fine. Once the fine has been paid, you will receive from the court clerk’s office a release form (DPS912) to clear your license. You will need to take DPS912 form to your Department of Driver Services office to reinstate your license. Please be aware that paying the fine DOES NOT CLEAR YOUR DRIVER’S LICENSE with the Department of Driver Services. Contact the Department of Driver Services for reinstatement information. Phone number is: 678-413-8400. Once you make the payment and you do not request a new court date the violation will be reported as a guilty plea to the Department of Driving Services. For information about points or how a citation may affect your driver's license, please contact the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS).
  • Are Interpreters Available?
    • Yes. Upon request, interpreter services will be provided. If you are in need of interpreter services, you must contact and inform the court as soon as possible. It is your responsibility to inform the Court prior to your scheduled court date and time by contacting the Clerk’s office at 478-988-2814.

Public Parking Options