Perry Youth Advisory Council
The Perry Youth Advisory Board offers the opportunity for high school-aged youth to learn more about their local government and City of Perry operations.
We’re looking to facilitate communication with Perry’s youth and encourage their input on City initiatives and projects.
Meetings for the upcoming council are September 2022, January 2023, and April 2023.
Deadline to apply for consideration is August 25, 2022.
- 16-18 years old
- Enrolled in a Perry area school (Perry High, Veterans High, The Westfield School, or homeschooled)
- City of Perry resident
- Participants are selected for a one-year term (coincides with the Houston County School System calendar)
- Available to meet quarterly
- Must complete an application
- Education and outreach activities about City programs and initiatives
- Develop and implement goals to make Perry a lifelong place of choice
- Identify any barriers to active participation from Perry’s young adult population
- Provide input and recommendations about various City plans