City of Perry Approves COVID-19 Restrictions Policy
Perry City Council adopted a new COVID-19 restrictions policy at their August 30, 2021 called meeting. This policy was created to establish clear guidelines for City sponsored events during the pandemic.
The policy outlines the following:
- City administration will provide a weekly report of new COVID positive cases and current hospitalized patients in Houston County to all interested parties.
- If Houston County’s new COVID-19 case numbers equals or exceeds 112 and/or hospitalizations equals or exceeds 33, the below restrictions are enacted.
- Restrictions are effective for twenty-one (21) calendar days from the date of the Administration’s COVID-19 notice.
Enacted restrictions include:
- Canceling or postponing any City sponsored special event where participation is expected to exceed thirty (30) persons. This applies to indoor and outdoor events.
- Canceling or postponing any indoor City of Perry Leisure Service programs.
- Indoor City activities will require face masks and social distancing.
As a result of this policy, the following City sponsored events are canceled:
- September 10 – Food Truck Friday
- September 18 – Perry Music Festival